Latest News

My goal is to take the team to Russia 2018 .....Algerian Coach, Milovan Rajevac

Algerian Coach, Milovan Rajevac
The Algerian Football Association (FAF) took its time in finding a replacement for Christian Gourcuff when the Frenchman resigned as Fennecs coach back in April. With both the 2017 CAF Africa Cup of Nations and the final round of qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia coming up, it was important they got the right man.

Former Ghana National team manager, Milovan Rajevac obviously met the requirement by (FAF) having led Ghana to the last eight of the South Africa 2010. Rajevac signed a contract that will run through February 2019,he revealed his readiness to work and goals in a chat with FIFA.com.
 “I took on the Algeria job because I like a challenge. My goal is to take the team to [Russia] 2018 because the World Cup is the biggest competition there is. My personal objective is to do better than I managed with Ghana and get beyond the quarter-finals.”
 “I know the team well. I watched them and supported them at the World Cup in 2014. Algeria came so close to knocking out Germany and reaching the last eight, though the fitness factor worked in the [eventual] world champions’ favour in the end. Algeria are the best side in Africa at the moment and I’m sure we’re going to reach the objectives set by the national FA.”
“Cameroon, Nigeria and Zambia are all good sides and have a great footballing history behind them. It’s the group of death because every team is looking to qualify. At the end of the day, the best side will go through, and I hope it’s Algeria.”
“The standard of African football is improving all the time and our rivals are strong,” he said. “We need to play each match with the idea that we’re the best team on the continent, and while also trying to keep clean sheets and score lots of goals at the other end.”

Setting out his footballing philosophy, he said: “The success of a team depends on a lot of different factors: the style of play, the participation of every single player in attack and defence, good relations between the coaching staff and the players on the pitch,in the dressing room and at training camps. The human factor is very important.”

He added: “My philosophy is for all the players to do their bit in attack and defence. I don’t want to talk about the weakness of the Algerian defence because it’s the team as a whole that I care about.”
“With Ghana, we qualified for the World Cup after just four matches, in which we scored seven goals and didn’t concede any. I’m going to try and take the Algeria team forward in every area so that we can reach the same level.”

 “It’s a pleasure to work with the stars of the Algeria team. I coached some big players in Ghana, like (Michael) Essien, Asamoah Gyan and (Sulley) Muntari, and I never had any problems managing the team. When the coach does his job, team discipline isn’t an issue. I’ve always tried to ensure that I’ve got cover for each position in case there are any mishaps, and I’ve never had any problems.”
My goal is to take the team to Russia 2018 .....Algerian Coach, Milovan Rajevac My goal is to take the team to Russia 2018 .....Algerian Coach, Milovan Rajevac Reviewed by Newnow on 9:00 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.