Latest News

Leicester City lift the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League trophy

'I don't know next season what happens because this has been a magic season, but you imagine if Leicester start well again - oof, what happens? I don't know,' Ranieri said.

Leicester City Coach Claudio Ranieri and players celebrating with the Barclays premier League trophy
Claudio Ranieri had to duck for cover as he was sprayed with champagne by Christian Fuchs who broke into his press conference as the title celebrations began in earnest in Leicester.

Ranieri was left soaked and jokingly ordered Fuchs in for extra training this morning — but the manager, who was serenaded by fans all afternoon, insisted that it would be a quiet night for him as he is too old to party.

‘I am a calm person, even when I was young. I haven’t been in a disco more than 10 times,’ he said.
Ranieri continued: ‘Can you imagine me now going to a disco? There’s a little party with the chairman upstairs then I go home to sleep.
‘I waited so long but I am so happy. I don’t know what will happen next season because this was a magic season. After the last match, let me go to the sea and recharge my batteries. And after that we will start.’

Leicester put in a performance befitting title winners as they beat Everton 3-1 at the King Power Stadium.
Jamie Vardy scored twice but berated himself for missing the chance to score a hat-trick and draw level with Harry Kane in the race for the Golden Boot.
Vardy is now one goal behind Kane but drove his 72nd-minute penalty high over the bar and said: ‘It would have been a lot better if I hadn’t put that ball on to the helicopter up there.
‘But it’s an unbelievable feeling for everyone involved. Someone must have put a spell on me to make this season happen.’
As Ranieri spoke, a cork was popped, with goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel and full-back Fuchs running into the press conference with the Premier League trophy, covering their manager with champagne.



'Tomorrow, training session,' Ranieri said, laughing. 'Bad lads.'
After a delay in which he attempted to dry himself, he began speaking about Bocelli again and the day as a whole.
'The emotion was at the top but it was fantastic,' Ranieri said.
'Andrea when he called me and said 'I want to come there, there is something magic in Leicester'. He chose this day and it was brilliant.
'I want to say thank you to all our fans. In the bad moment, like when we were losing 2-0, they helped us so back so many times, at home, away. Without them it was very, very difficult now to get this trophy.
'And, of course, the more important person: the owner. Without the owner, that wasn't possible, that ambition.'
So what now for next season? Ranieri even allowed himself to dream of back-to-back titles.
'I don't know next season what happens because this has been a magic season, but you imagine if Leicester start well again - oof, what happens? I don't know,' Ranieri said.
'Now, let me think only of this last match, let me go to the sea, recharge my batteries and we restart next season with the same ambition, with the same humility, with the same feeling.'


Leicester City lift the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League trophy Leicester City lift the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League trophy Reviewed by Newnow on 12:38 am Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.